If you’ve lost significant amounts of weight, it is often an unpleasant surprise when you see the excess, sagging skin that can result. After massive weight loss, many people are left with sagging skin around the abdomen, arms, thighs, and breasts. To restore a naturally-shaped figure and achieve a leaner shape, body contouring after massive weight loss is an option for some patients. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Bajaj, a body contouring specialist who brings her passion for helping her patients restore their bodies to regain their lives and confidence.
Benefits of Body Contouring Surgery
- removing loose skin on many areas of the body
- localized fat removal
- improving hygiene
Most body contouring surgeries are performed under a general anesthetic. Since you may have multiple areas of excess skin that need to be addressed, the surgeries will need to be staged for your safety. Dr. Bajaj encourages you to prioritize the order of these procedures based on the areas that bother you the most. Depending where on your body you exhibit loose skin and pockets of fat, Dr. Bajaj may perform a variety of body contouring surgeries.
- Tummy tuck surgery is performed to remove loose skin on the midsection. By removing the protruding tissue and tightening the abdominal muscles, the tummy tuck creates a midsection that appears more toned and slimmer.
- Arm lift surgery is offered to correct loose skin on the upper arms that gives a “bat wing” effect. By removing loose skin at the inner arm, the arms become slimmer.
- Thigh lift surgery corrects loose tissue on the thighs after weight loss. The removal of this excess tissue slenderizes your upper legs and can also improve the fit of clothing.
- Body lift surgery is an extensive body contouring procedure that combines techniques from the tummy tuck and butt lift. By removing the apron of loose skin from your lower body in a circumferential fashion, Dr. Bajaj can help you greatly improve your quality of life, health and the fit of clothing.
- Breast lift surgery surgeries may be recommended for women who have lost breast volume after weight loss. Dr. Bajaj can tighten loose skin on the breasts and reshape them to provide a lifted and improved shape.
- Neck lift surgery surgery can remove the loose tissue or fat that hangs below the chin. Often combined with liposuction, the procedure can recontour the jaw area for a more youthful appearance.
- Liposuction surgery is performed to treat small pockets of fat that do not respond to diet and exercise. By suctioning out these localized fat cells, Dr. Bajaj can help you work toward finalizing a more fit body type.
The recovery time after body contouring can vary depending on the combination of surgeries that you choose, but you should expect a few weeks for healing. Please see the dedicated procedure page for details about recovery following the various body contouring procedures offered by Dr. Bajaj.
If you have lost a dramatic amount of weight, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bajaj to learn more about body contouring. We are eager to speak with you about the benefits of these procedures. Please contact our City by calling 405-810-8448.